When schools opened for the new academic year this April, TCF formally took over management of 89 Government schools across Pakistan. This move follows more than a year of continuous effort and a series of strategic partnerships between TCF and key public education stakeholders in the Punjab, Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governments (we are reaching out to stakeholders in Balochistan as well).
These schools are in a state of complete disrepair, and before academic improvement measures are introduced, our first priority will be to bring these schools to a minimum acceptable level of physical upkeep. We will now introduce our management systems and processes, curriculum enrichment, teacher training, and monitoring and evaluation in order to help improve the quality of education and enrolment of out-of-school children.
In the first phase, we aim to provide furniture to Goverment schools operating in Kasur. Following is a list of schools that would benefit from this campaign:
1. Government Girls Primary School Khangran Wala
2. Government Primary School Jago Ki
3. Government Primary School Patto Kohna
4. Government Primary School Gaddo Ki Po Katlohi Kalan
5. Government Girls Primary School Dalu Guro Kay
6. Government Primary School Attari Verik
7. Government Primary School Bhadai Key
8. Government Girls Comprehensive Middle School Qazi Wala
9. Government Girls Primary School Maratian
10. Government Primary School Theh Rosa
Here are a few pictures right from the above mentioned schools. It might add in expressing the intensity of the situation.